Our original research is distributed in a number of ways: reports, press releases, editorials, graphs and tables. We make these reports available to the general public at no cost to ensure that everyone who is interested can learn more about issues that affect low income and minority consumers.
On this site, our publications are grouped by various issue areas, listed in the left border of each page. If you wish to access our research by topic, please click on the appropriate subject area. The reports are available in both an abridged Web-based version and an unabridged downloadable pdf file.
For specific reports and published material, please consult the following list:
- Getting Understanding and Using Insurance Data, handbook, August 1999.
- Memorandum to the Public Utility Commission, re: denial of basic telephone service for nonpayment of long distance charges,August 1996.
- Private Passenger Automobile “Tort Reform” Rate Reductions: Fact versus Fiction, report, August 1999.
- Texas Private Passenger Automobile Insurance Profitability: 1990 to 1998, report, April 1999.
- Credit Insurance: the $2 Billion A Year Rip-Off: Ineffective Regulation Fails to Protect Consumers, report, March 1999.
- Texas Automobile Profitability: 1990- 1997, report, August 1998.
- Credit Insurance in Texas: Better Rate Regulation Needed to Protect Consumers, report, April 1998.
- Auto Insurance Overcharges: Insureres Reap $1.2 Billion Windfall in 1997, report, March 1998.
- Worst Redliners Indentified: Department of Insurance Fails to Act, report, May 1997.
- Auto Insurance Redlining in Texas: Availability Worsens while Consumers Lose Affordable Coverage Options, report, April 1997.
- Nationwide, USAA, Farm Bureau cited for discriminatory practices, press release, April 30, 1997.
- Redlining by auto insurers shows no signs of slowing down in Texas, study finds, press release, April 4, 1997.
Graphs and tables are interspersed among the various reports.
To order a hard copy of a report, please contact us by phone, fax or email with your name, address and organization.